Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A new country is bound to be full of new experiences.Naturally, because of the different kinds of people and different lifestyles and different time zones. And especially if the country is US of A or "Amreeka" as the people back home refer to it then there is a bucketful of experiences to share. So I think this is as good an opportunity as any to be putting up blog posts about the crazy things that my little trip to this great cradle of modern civilization has led to. Regardless of the limited readership I have, it'll give me great satisfaction to document my "voyage premier" to the land which Columbus was desperate to discover.
  So let me start with a picture of yours truly with an officer of the NYPD ( and no, its NOT a wax statue!!!) ,one of the most easily recognizable law enforcement bodies around the world (yes, we do have the gazillion american crime fighting tv shows to thank for this).

Story behind the image: Impulse. Pure, simple impulse. I knew I wanted a pic with the NYPD officer the nano second that I saw the parked car and the blue uniform on the street in Manhattan.

Why I put it on my blog: You've got to admit its cool (the number of likes this pic has got on Facebook has nothing to do with the coolness, mind you). I mean would you just look at how happy the man is posing for a photo with a strange tourist who regards him as some sort of celebrity from another world? Now that's something innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment